My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

November 25, 2007

Hands on Homework Policy at Wilson Area School District, in Easton, PA

Stephanie, this link is for you, now you can tell my son that it is in every school district.  Parents are really struggling to help their kids in the homework department.

3 comments:

sajmom said...

I'm not sure why it bothers him so much, he's not the one who does the homework with her anyway! The teacher agreed with Michelle-it's all geared towards preparing them for the tests in 3rd grade.

Sue said...

It has been about "No Child Left Behind Act" that President Bush created, when he became first president. I think it is a dumb act anyways, because it is just pushing the kids thru school that don't care what their grades are.

It wasn't checked into correctly. Schools have developed a new curriculum it is called "The Academy," which in our school it is called the Wilson Academy. It is for Seniors who are failing to graduate. They apply for this class and it is geared to concentrate on the basics i.e. Math, Reading, and something else, which I forget. They only go to class for 1/2 a day. I think it is the easy way out of going to school to learn and graduating the regular way.

Sue said...

Also, you will find that as Leanna gets up in the grades there are more and more tests that she will be doing. For example the PSA"s. They are tests that last a week long and focus on where your child is placed in the ranks.

When you and I went to school there were on Achievement Tests, not there are a lot more, and difficult ones. The kids don't like the tests either, but some districts only have half day classes because of these tests. The kids like that.