My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

September 6, 2010

Labor Day, is all quiet here

It is hard to believe that today is Labor Day 2010. We were invited to go to our son's house for a little picnic, but we declined. We wanted to relax and do nothing. Well, I vacuumed, dusted, and washed blankets, and the curtains from the back porch windows, so I guess Labor Day was a day of laboring around the house, so-to-speak.

Cody, our 13 year old, yellow lab is shedding like crazy. So I couldn't stand all the loose hair. I can vacuum everyday and it still will be there 5 minutes after I'm done. When we had our golden retriever it was so much worse, I just hated the hair. Cody is our last dog we have that sheds. He is such a good dog that when he goes to doggie heaven we will miss him greatly, but not the shedding.

We still have three kitties left. Hopefully, this September we won't lose a kitty, like we have done the past two September's in a row. Last year we lost our Snowball and the September before we lost our Misty. We still have my mom's cat, she is the oldest. I believe she is about 15 years old. She was about a year old when my mom got her from the SPCA and my mom had her for 10 years. My mom is gone now 4 years, so that is how I get her age. Gizmo is Snowball's brother and he is about 12 years old and Tigger is about 11 years now. Time flies and it is so hard to keep a track of things. I try to do the best I can.

After these animals leave us no more, because we will be too darn old to get another one.


No comments: