My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

May 18, 2011

To My mother-in-law, Peggy


Tom and his Nanny

9/13/25-5/16/11

Dear Mom, as I called you from day one, because I loved you so much and you really deserved that respect as my mother-in-law.

What can I say about you that I haven't said to you in the, almost, 38 years that I have been in your life and married to your oldest son, Chuckie. You were my true mom and the most kindest woman I know. I hope I really live up to what you loved about me. I took care of you as if you borne me from your womb. We fought and argued like real mother and daughter, but we always forgave each other for the harsh words we may have said to each other.

As, I sit here missing you so very much, I really wish I could hear your voice, feel your touch of a hug, or just talk to you as we did everyday, when you lived in Raubsville in your home. How I miss those days that we all treasure so much. So much has changed and will never ever be the same with you gone.

I hope I can comfort your son and daughter while they are grieving the loss of you. I hope I can be the woman you saw in me, as I was a teen and met your son, and then became your daughter-in-law, after 3 months of dating. I can still hear you telling people about my hour-glass figure back then. I wish I still had that figure now, but it still didn't make you love me less when I didn't. You were one in a million!

I will miss your sense of humor, playing games of Scrabble on Sundays, our Sunday dinners at your house, our trips to the shore every year with dad, Chuckie, and the kids. Our fun times camping at Cape May, NJ. You and dad have shared so much with me and always made me feel like one of the family.

Now, you can rest peacefully, with dad, Brian, and Caesar, your beloved dog. Your searching is over for all of them, because they all greeted you, as you, entered the Gates of Heaven.

R.I.P Mom for we all love you and will miss you forever, until we join you, when it is our time.

Love Your Daughter-in-law,
Sue

No comments: