My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

September 7, 2008

Our Beloved Misty

Misty, our main coon cat, past away tonight at the vets from heart failure. The vet told me that main coon cats sometimes develop heart disease and she believes that is what caused her passing. She went quick and I hope she didn't suffer too long. I took her to the vet because she couldn't breathe right. We will miss her so much.

Her favorite thing to do was eat grass. I tried to grow cat grass, but she didn't like it. So, when spring came she would try to run out the front or back door to eat some fresh grass. She never went too far only in the front lawn.

I found Misty one night when I was on the computer playing a game on Slingo. I heard this cat meowing and I went to see where it was coming from and there she was under this big truck behind the tire. Chuck was playing in the Crazy Heart band at the time and he was at practice. I brought her in to the house and set her on my desk chair. I had two other cats and two dogs and she wasn't even afraid of them. She never hissed or anything. I knew she was going to be staying with us because when Chuck came home from practice he fell in love with her. I made a home for her in a box on our porch because it was thundering and lightning, but Chuck said NO she can stay in the house. Well, from that day on she was so loved. I believe she was a drop-off kitty and her old owner thought she was pregnant. We did too, until she didn't deliver. Took her to the vet to be checked and here she had an infected uterus. We had her operated on and had her de-clawed at the same time, because she wasn't going outside to roam ever again. She was just so sweet.

Misty ruled the house when it came to our other animals. She showed them she wasn't afraid of them and she could take care of herself. From then on she was one of the family. She roamed the house as if it was her house from day one. She loved her daddy Chuck a lot. She would lay on his lap sometimes when he was on the computer. She would come to bed with me at night when I would turn in for the evening. She would sleep on top of the headboard, until morning, or when Chuck came to bed. She loved anyone that came to the house. She was so soft and fluffy. She will be always remembered.

We love you Misty, time of death 9:20 PM on September 7, 2008

5 comments:

ADP said...

awwww sorry for your loss Sue

Sue said...

Than you Alanna. She was Chuck's Nanny cat. He always called her Nanny and she answered him. She was such an awesome cat to own. She will be missed a lot.

Michele said...

Sorry for your loss, Sue. As you have figured out, I'm sure, we are cat lovers. We have three cats, 13, 11 and 6 years old. They each have their own personalities and we love them each in their own ways. It sounds like she was a great cat....

Anonymous said...

Sue,

I am so sorry, we just lost out beautiful dog "Pete" in May so I know just how you feel. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Maggiwiz

Anonymous said...

Sue, I'm so sorry to hear of Mistys passing. I'm sure she loved u for giving her such a great home and all the love in the world. Amie