My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

April 12, 2008

Hairstyles!

There has been different articles in the "Letters to the Editor" on mohawk haircuts. I finally wrote my thoughts on this haircut that some boys want to get and here is my letter in today's Express-Times.

GRANDMA APPROVES OF MOHAWKS FOR BOYS

Regarding the recent letters about boys wanting to wear mohawk hairstyles: I don't understand why people would criticize a young lad who wants to be a little different. That is what makes this world so unique.

I'm a 51-year-old mother and grandmother of four grandsons. If one of my grandsons would want a mohawk, I would take him and get it cut the way he wants. It doesn't change how I would see him with that cut. It's not going to make him a bad person. I see him as being an individual who wants to be a little different.

I remember going to Easton Area School District schools when I was a kid and there were boys who had mohawks. It didn't distract me from learning in class. As a matter of fact, I always loved rubbing my hands over their hair because it felt like a soft brush.

Now that I'm grown and I see some little boy with a mohawk, I think that he just wants to be different than his peers. Who cares what his hair looks like as long as it is clean?

I guess some people forget what it's like to be a kid again.

6 comments:

eaglesfan said...

AMEN. Who cares if they want a mohawk.

ADP said...

Isn't it fun expressing what you feel?

Sue said...

I express myself all the time in the Express-Times paper, especially if I don't agree with the article, or have to add my own two cents.

I have been a regular writer in the "Letters to the Editor" for about two years now. I really enjoy putting out my feelings for the world to read.

You can do this online and they call you to let you know if it will be published. Pretty neat, if I say so myself.

sajmom said...

Someone wrote a letter to the editor complaining about kids with mowhawks?
People can be total morons sometimes-it's hair, it grows out! It's a form of self expression, there are far more dangerous ways to to that than how you style your hair, why sweat the small stuff!

Michele said...

I have a good friend who told me once that I need to learn to pick my battles....and I try to make hair styles one of those things that are not worth fighting about. Although if there are special occasions coming up (i.e. church directory pictures, confirmation, etc.), I am a bit pickier!

ADP said...

Sue, I always comment on the letters to the editor in the mc. Online. It's an outlet for me. I didn't know you wrote letters to the editor wow! (very impressed here cause I've never done that). Do you have the link to the paper on your site?