My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

May 13, 2008

Breaking News from The Express-Times

Toddler found in Wilson sparks debate
by Express-Times staff
Tuesday May 13, 2008, 3:32 PM

No criminal charges are being filed against the mother of a 2-year-old girl found alone 2 a.m. Monday on a Wilson street, but Northampton County Children, Youth and Families Division is investigating. Is it a case of neglect or a mischievous toddler?

"You're telling me that a 2 yr old got out of bed, walked to the door, unlocked it and then walked 1/4 of a mile in less than 20 mins? To top it off, you didn't notice the baby was missing until 9?" comments pebbles6.
"UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!" writes mkgkpalmer. "Can a Two Year old baby even reach the door knob?"
But Susan Jarrell of Wilson Borough has a different opinion. When her son was 2, she had her hands full.

"A neighbor called us about 7:30 a.m. to tell us my son was on my second-story roof outside of our bedroom window, sitting there watching the sights. His brother was 3 and behind him waiting to go out, too. My husband and I never heard him open the window and climb out," she writes in a letter to the editor to be published Wednesday. "So, please, don't be hard on this mother because a 2-year-old can be the most mischievous person in the human race."
What do you think? Are 2-year-olds too much to handle? Is Duran's story unacceptable? Leave a comment below.

2 comments:

sajmom said...

A two year old most definitely can unlock a door and walk out!! I think my kids all figured out how to turn door handles by about 1 1/2 years old. And if the lock was high up they quickly figured out how to push a chair or other nearby furniture over to stand on. If there is a gene that predisposes one to mischievious behavior, than my children all possess it! And why would you expect to have to check if your child went out the door?! If you thought the kid was in bed why would you be looking for them? People are always so quick to place blame!

ADP said...

Yup I wouldn't have believed it possible till I saw how my grandkids are.