My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

October 8, 2008

I Got My Flu Shot!

Yesterday, I went to Walgreens to get two sympathy cards for the Lambert family. While I was there I saw this line and wanted to see why, to realize that is was the line for the flu shot. I asked if I needed an appointment and the girl said no. I said all right then I am getting one while I'm here. I have gotten the flu shot for about fifteen years now, since been a metermaid. I have not have the flu since getting the shot and I'm very thankful for that. I was surprised this year it didn't even hurt. Never even felt the prick of the needle. The cost was $24.99 and worth every penny if it keeps me well and able to work during the flu season. With not having insurance I am thankful there are places out there that supply the flu shots. If you have insurance all you have to do is show your cards and they bill the insurance company. I also, filled out a form so they will fax it to my doctor to let him know that I got the flu shot.

People used to get sick from the flu shot when it first came out many years ago, because it contained a form of the flu. But, now it doesn't thanks to chickens. Somehow they do something to the eggs before they are hatched.

1 comment:

Michele said...

That's so sad about the deaths of that man and his daughter. When stuff like that happens, it scares me even more that Kurt rides his motorcycle to work almost every day from Spring to Fall. It's not really him that scares me; it's everyone else out there.