My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

October 25, 2008

Marley & Me

I have read and watched this video clip and it is almost like a reminder of our belated dog, Dutchess, our golden retriever. She was the most lovable dog and the most devilish one. She tore through door screens to see who was at the door, or watched the kids playing outside. We kept replacing it and replacing it. Then they cam out with animal screen. So, we tried that. It didn't rip, but it didn't stay in the door either. The screen repair man even glued it in and that worked for a bit. Now, we just let it flop.

Our beloved dog Dutchess past May 22, 2007. I went out that night and got a new puppy hoping to replace our Dutchess, but that didn't work with, Chuck. Finally, two months had past and he still missed his golden retriever so much. We went and bought a golden-doodle and Chuck named her Dutchess, after his baby. She is 17 months now and she seems to be reincarnated with the same traits as Dutchess,that I call her my puppy from hell. She is just an amazing, lovable, energetic dog that we wouldn't trade her in on anything.

She does almost everything like her predecessor, Dutchess. She hangs her head out the front door with the broken screen in it, just like our golden did. She always has something in her mouth she is caring around, like a baby, a toy, or ball. This Dutchess carries everything thru the doggie door to the back yard. If she isn't suppose to have something out the door she goes and us chasing after her. About every other day I'm out in the back yard rounding up all the bones, toys, balls, and babies that she takes out with her. Poor Chuck can't even walk in the front door from work without being jumped on and attacked with so much love. She loves Chuck so much that she has to be in the middle of everything he does. The only thing different with this Dutchess is that she is afraid of people. She hides by me and it is so funny to see this big animal afraid of strangers. Once she gets to know you then it is okay, but if she doesn't she hides. Our other Dutchess was a licker and a kisser with people, but not this one, she only kisses and licks Chuck. Yippee for him because he doesn't mind it at all.

When my son Bill or my grandkids come for a visit she runs in her crate and lies downs. She doesn't want anything to do with them, until she is ready to greet them.

You have to watch the video to really appreciate what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

you and chuck should go see that movie together...it looks cute