My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!


Doesn't my grandchildren look so nice for their Trick-or-Treat night? Stephanie, their mother, made the costumes, except the Winnie the Pooh, and I'm not sure about the Pirate one either, but I'm sure she will tell me, when she sees my posting. I just love Justin in his Skeleton costume, especially his mask, so original. She has a lot of talent and imagination when it comes to making costumes and making birthday cakes.

On my sidebar is her Blog please look at it and see the Pirate Ship she made Timothy a few weeks ago for his 4th birthday. It was so cute and it was very delish with it being homemade, because of Jacob's allergies. I think it was her best tasting cake, ever!

I believe Leanna is Laura Ingalls from Little House on the Prairie. She was voted most funniest costume at her Brownie Troops Halloween Party, but I think it is adorable. She looks like a blonde Laura Ingalls.

CORRECTION: MY DAUGHTER-IN-LAW, STEPH, DID MAKE THE WINNIE THE POOH COSTUME. I WANT TO MAKE SURE SHE GETS THE CREDIT FOR IT, BECAUSE NOWADAYS, SHE HAS NO TIME FOR NOTHING, BETWEEN HOME-SCHOOLING AND RAISING FOUR BEAUTIFUL KIDS, WHILE MY SON WORKS TO PROVIDE FOR HIS FAMILY, SHE IS EXTREMELY BUSY.

2 comments:

sajmom said...

I absolutly did make Winnie the Pooh! Back when Leanna was two. It doesn't come easy for me, so I want credit for making it, LOL! Each of our kids has worn that costume. Timothy's was put together from things we have-Justin's superhero cape, sweatpants, and old pair of Leanna's boots, Justin's shirt(so it would be a little big to make the sleeves look wide at the end), his parrot from his toy animal hospital, the belt was actually a hat from his birthday party,and the hat on his head we got on sale from a dollar store last year. Justin has on sweat pants and sweatshirt, with the bones printed from the internet and pinned on. The mask is cut from a milk jug. Leanna is Laura Ingalls Wilder, or more generally a prairie girl. I thought the bonnet and braids were a dead giveaway, but apparently not to kids.

Sue said...

I'm really sorry, I wasn't sure if you made Winnie or not, but I should have realized you did because it wouldn't have held up this well for all the kids to have worn it. Costumes today are made so junkie, after one use they are ready for the trash.

I also spelled Laura's last name wrong on my post, so I will add a correction at the end of it, for both name & costume.