My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

October 26, 2009

I met a really nice compassionate lady named, Trish

click on the title and you can take a tour of "The Fitness Club"

I just want to tell people about the "Fitness Club" I belong to in Forks Township. It is only $59.00 to join and $10.00 a month for access to all the gym equipment. They have 4 different equipment for cardio, all kinds of free weights to use, exercise balls for strengthening, and what I like the most is the circuit. What the circuit is, are exercise machines that form a circle and exercises every part of your body in 30 minutes; like Curves. If you are familiar with Curves, that is what the circuit is.

The circuit machines is what I use, because the trainer(Manny) that setup my exercise program said it was the best for me, being I have knee replacements, thumb joint replacements and severe arthritis in my joints.

Ok, now to get onto Trish. Her and her hubby own the "Fitness Club." My girlfriend, Cyndee, told her about my situation with not having medical insurance because Cyndee is very concerned for me. She in turn told Cyndee that she used to call around when she lived in New Jersey to help people that were less fortunate than her. Well, let me tell you what she did. She called to find out about where to go to get a FREE mammogram, because it has been 3 years, since my last mammogram was done. Being I had problems in the past, I really shouldn't go without having one every year. I just had graduated, 3 years ago, to having them once a year. For three years straight I had to have them every 6 months, because my body produces cysts and the doctors don't like for me to go without being checked.

Trish found out that the Easton Hospital Clinic was holding a FREE mammogram last Wednesday Night from 5:30-7:00 PM. It was first come first show kind of thing. I didn't have it done there because I am in a Shuffleboard League and our games start at 7:00 PM and I can't be late because then I can't play or we may have to forfeit if I was past our allotted time. So, my other friend, Karen, did a Google search for FREE mammograms in our area and called me with their phone numbers. So, I called the 1-800 number and it went to St. Luke's Hospital. It is a Women's Clinic that provides FREE mammograms and gynecological exam with a PAP test. The Lord has blessed me with 2 very good friends that are concerned about my well-being.

Today, as we went to the gym, Trish, stopped us to ask how I made out and, my friend, Cyndee, was telling her about what happened to me last Friday with my finger. Then, I preceeded to tell her about Chuck waking up with a swollen face on the one side. There she went to the phonebook and called Dr. Milano's office, becasue she sent someone over to his office last week. She said Dr. Milano is also a member of the "Fitness Club." I guess he was in the same situation as I am in with no insurance/dental. Dr. Milano also worked with this man to get the help he needed. I overheard Trish telling the receptionist that she used to do this in New Jersey, but she doesn't know this area too well yet, getting help for the misfortunate.

I want to thank Trish and all the kindness she has showed me, since joining the "Fitness Club." So, by thanking her I am going to put the "Fitness Club" website link on my sidebar.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Yes, my friend, there are caring people in this world!!!!!I am so glad you were about to meet one!!!!Please tell her , a thank you for being one of those special people God put in this world we live in!!!!!!!!!

This comment is from my friend, Ruthie, in Oil City, PA