My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

July 9, 2010

Just thought it might be interesting to read--we're being told how much damage spanking does to a child, and yet.......

This is an interesting article that I thought I would share with my readers. In my opinion, and just my opinion, I don't feel a little spanking hurts any child or a little slap on their hand, when they touch something they aren't suppose to touch. It may hurt their feelings, but not their bodies. Most toddlers don't feel the spanking on their butts, because of the thick diapers they wear. They only feel the sting when they get a little older and wear underpants. Spanking is not meant to be hurtful to a child, when that happens then the parent needs help.

I'm sure I'll get lots of comments from this post. Click on the title to read the article.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Call me old fashion or whatever...but when my kids grew up...they were taught the word NO..if they did not listen to what they were taught...their little hand got a little smack...usually this worked well & that was the end of any problems..it kind of taught the child if they do something wrong and did not listen to the word NO...then their little hand would get a smack...so if they did not like the smack...then they learned to listen to the word NO. My kids all grew up and had no problems from this...in todays world it seems like parents do the "time out" thing over & over...which to me does not really mean much, other than the kid going either to his room or a chair or whatever. I think a little smack on the hand or butt is not going to hurt anyone...we all grew up with the "belt", if you were bad, etc..There was no child abuse going on by this and we all are fine adults. Now,I can see some people really smacking their kids around maybe...and this would be wrong...there is a big difference between a little smack & a WHACK! So...I really feel it's an individual thing maybe on how we correct our kids...but I really don't see any "damage" in little smack on the hand or butt. This is only MY thoughts on this....there really is no right or wrong thought.