My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

July 21, 2010

Our 13TH Scottish Communion at Olivet United Presbyterian Church

Sunday, July 18TH, marked our 13TH Scottish Communion Service. Here is a little video that was on The Express-Times newspaper website.

It is a wonderful service that recognizes the Scottish heritage in our area. People come from all over to this service. We have bagpipers, a Scottish dog with it's owner, refreshments of shortbread cookies & other cookies, the choir sings two anthems, communion, and Pastor Bob MacIntyre along with our choir director Matt Silvius read off all the clans during the service. If you have never been to a Scottish Communion Service, you don't know what your missing. It is so uplifting. Their were 120 people plus at this service this year. It was more than last year. We seem to be getting a BIGGER crowd every year.

Some of the clans that come dress in kilts or sashes of their heritage, even our own, Pastor Bob, dresses in his kilt. We have a we laddie, and this year it was Hunter McGary. He carried down this huge Bible that Pastor Bob reads from in the beginning of the service. Us choir people wear sashes, along with the deacons & trustees. The church is dressed up inside with all different plaids and candles glowing. It just is a beautiful service that we all look forward to each year and we are glad that our Pastor Bob continues this service for others to enjoy.

Click on the title to see the video.

No comments: