My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

October 19, 2010

Do you Own A Bible?

As I have been doing my Blog today, I chose to blog about things pertaining to God. So, if my blog offends you today, I'm really sorry, but my Lord my God is my guidance and my assurance that he will look after me and not forsake me. So, while I was cleaning and dusting, I came upon my bookcase and saw all the Bibles I own. I own fifteen different versions of the Bible. The one I use the most is the New International Version because it is large print. Some date back to the 1970's when I got them for presents from becoming a member to, Bethel Memorial Baptist Church, and one I bought when my kids started going to Beaula Bible Fellowship Church, to the current Church I joined in 2003, Olivet United Presbyterian Church. This church is my calling to where I love to serve my Lord Jesus Christ. Since, my joining this congregation I have grown much closer to God. We may be a smaller congregation and we may be a struggling church in these hard times, but we are a mighty. I really think that everyone needs God and the only way you can grow is to go to church. I have tried many years ago to stay out of church because I wasn't happy with something (not God) and realized that the only way you can grow is to be taught, like going to school. School teaches us to learn about different things, just like church teaches us about Jesus, his disciples, The Ten Commandments, Bible stories and our father, God.

So, everyone should have at least own one Bible in their home or library.

No comments: