My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

October 17, 2010

What a Beautiful Day Today

Today, while the weather was so beautiful, I took fair advantage with a bike ride on the bike trail from Stockertown to Pen Argyl. My riding partner, John Pelcheck, and I (it was his first time on this trail) put our bikes in the back of his Pilot and drove to Stockertown. I told him this trail is one of my favorites (from riding with my church group), that he has to at least do this trail once before we can't ride for the winter. He love this trail and we both thought it was a good workout for our legs and butt. It was a total of 12.8 miles, that is to and from.

This trail is very fun, because it is level, but it goes on a slight incline going towards Pen Argly. We traveled on a smooth terrain, then little pebbly terrain, then at the end it was a very rocky terrain, that we were bouncing all over the place. On the way back we were sure traveling a good speed of 18 mph and that sure felt good. John left me in the dust. But I had to turn around because I found a red plastic casing on the ground, and I thought maybe, it belonged to John's bike, so needless do I say, I lost John. When I finally reached John, I showed him what I found and sure enough, it was his. He was so thankful I stopped and picked it up. Even though I had to turn around and not catch up to him, it was a very worth while stop. It was part of his blinker light behind his seat, for when he is riding in the dark.

After we were done riding, boy our butts and legs hurt us both. We laughed as we were getting in the Pilot, because neither one of us could lift our legs to get in. It was so funny, you would have thought this was our first ride this year. He commented that this trail was GREAT, because even though it was level it still was a slight incline that really worked the legs and buttocks. He wore his padded cycling shorts and was still hurting. He said the pads didn't help where he really needed the padding, LOL. Me, I wore my new, size smaller, workout pants from my churches rummage sale. It just feels so awesome to know, between the biking and going to the Fitness Club of Easton how I'm tightening up my body. I may not be able to tighten up all my flabby loose skin, but at least it is lessening.

So, kuddos to me. I am finally feeling very proud of ME, again.

No comments: