My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

December 26, 2006

Christmas Day

It was a very relaxing day for us, since we celebrated with the kids the day before. I did the wash, so I wouldn't have to do it while I'm off from work this week.

We stopped at my brother's house to give Tricia her presents, so she had them for Christmas. Then we went up to visit with Chuck's mom. She was so funny. She was so glad to see her Chuckie, that she gave him a BIG hug. She had us walk around to see all her friends. She introduced us to everyone all over again. The only one's that didn't know us were the different nurses and aids that were working on Christmas Day, from different floors. There was this one lady that just loved Chuck and even made a joke with him about seeing what comes up between them. OMG! We laughed so hard. She was so cute.

Mom loved all her gifts from Jeri, Jan and us. She got 3 nightgowns, 3 pairs of pants and a pair of slippers. She was dressed in a Christmas sweater and black pants. She looked very nice. The only thing was her glasses were being fixed, so she didn't have them on. She also was missing her bottom teeth. They couldn't find them. They said she misplaced them, which they could be right, who knows. But all in all we had a very nice visit. Her memory was a little mixed up, but that is to be expexted with dementia. I'm glad she isn't like some dementia people that get very nasty. She is just so cute. She still is a very pretty lady.

After we came home, I finished making my dinner and Chuck watched to EAGLES game. I was making mashed potatoes when my mixer started burning up and smoking. Now, I have to get a new mixer. I like the stand mixers rather than the portables. I don't have the strength in my hands anymore to hold a portable one. it is just easier for me to use a stand one.

Chuck was very happy that the EAGLES beat DALLAS. So, I guess they are in the play offs. I know our friends Linda and George aren't happy, they don't like the EAGLES. They say it is the fans. I always ask Linda who you rooting for and she says whoever the EAGLES are playing, then I root for the opposite team, LOL. She is so funny.

Tom, Steph and the kids came down around 8:30 PM. Steph said the kids would have be disappointed if the didn't see us on Christmas, even though the adults were very tired. The kids sure weren't, lots of pep and energy. To be that young again or to have their energy.

It was just a beautiful HOLIDAY after all.

2 comments:

sajmom said...

Sorry if we weren't much company that night! We were just exhausted! The kids, however were still going strong. Well, not that they weren't ready to crash the second they were in bed, but they were just so excited.

Sue said...

That's ok, it was still nice to see you all. I can understand you being exhausted, with expecting your 4th. I would be too, just thinking about it, LOL.