My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

December 20, 2006

I love my kids

I love being their for my kids, like my grandparents were there for us as my brother and I were growing up. We didn't have a lot like the kids today have. My mom worked hard at a minimum wage job back in the '60's, so as people know wages back then weren't great. Without my grandparents we wouldn't have had the things we did. They made sure we had food on the table and clothes on our backs.

It is hard to imagine life so hard as it was back then. But we were kids and we didn't know how my mom struggled to put a roof over our heads. Now that I am grown up and have kids of my own we as parents like to make things a little better for them than it was for us.

When Chuck and I first married, my mom was on strike from her job, that she couldn't even help pay for my wedding. If it wasn't for the nice man I was marrying, his parents and my grandparents I would have had to get married by a JP in my jeans. I am very thankful for all they have done for me and have made me the woman I am today. I guess you can tell I like the woman I have become.

My grandmother taught me how to be the woman I am today. Thanks Nana!

2 comments:

sajmom said...

Credit cards make things easier today(in some ways). But then that's also how people go into debt.

Sue said...

Yes it is very much so.

Been there done that.