My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

April 20, 2009

I Started a New Workout Program

Last week my girlfriend, Cyndee, her daughter, Tara, and I started a new workout program to get me in better shape and to be healthier. I want to get off a few pounds that I have put back on after having my WLS 7 years ago (3-7-02). It is hard to believe it was 7 years ago I changed my life to a healthier person. Now, I am concentrating more on being more healthy, than I have been. You can take it for granted just like anything else in life we take for granted, but it has been a battle to keep the weight down. Cyndee and Tara are both in shape that they don't need the exercise, like I really need it. I am very thankful they are willing to help me stay motivated to be healthy again.

Cyndee introduced me to a personal trainer and he put together a workout program for me. It was so nice of him to do this for me. He also, which I already knew, told me to eat a lot of protein. Protein makes you feel fuller longer, it also helps with toning your muscles back in to shape. He wants me to do 30 minutes of cardio a day, which it can be the treadmill or the elliptical.

So, here is to a newer me.

3 comments:

eaglesfan said...

good luck to you. It wont be easy but you have to stick with it.

Sue said...

I know it won't be easy but I want to be around a long time for my family, especially my grandkids.

Family means so much to me.

I want to be able to do the things that I have missed for too long and being healthier and fit will be better for me and you all.

Jamie said...

good for you and good luck! you can do it!