My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

June 18, 2009

The 2nd week at Jamie and John's

This week was my last to watch Josslyn and Jonathan, because my girlfriend's daughter's fiance' started working and I will be watching their children or child. The reason I say 1 or 2 is because things are up in the air with Kylie, whether she is coming to my house or if she is going to a summer program with a daycare with her cousin. Her mother doesn't want her to be cooped up in the house all summer long and missing out on her summer vacation. Her cousin goes to a daycare a few days a week and the daycare takes them to Stones Crossing Pool, in Palmer Township, if it's nice out. I can't blame her mother because Kylie is 10 years old. I'm sure she wouldn't want to be with her little brother all the time, when she can be having fun with kids her own age.

Tuesday, Josslyn and I played a bit. She is such a happy little baby. She just loves to watch me and smile and smile. She loves to be bounced on my knees. After every feeding she would swing in her swing and then off to sleep for about and hour. The time went by very quickly for us.

Wednesday, was very nice. This time Jonathan didn't hybernate upstairs all day like last week. When I went to use the bathroom I stopped in his room to see what he was doing. I talked and listened to him tell me what he was doing. He was playing with his Bat Cave and Batman figure. He was showing me how he rescues batman and whoever else he was rescuing. When I started to leave he asked me if I would help him carry down some of his toys because he wanted to come downstairs. That's all it took was for me to talk with him and I was his best bud for the entire day. I asked him if he would like to go to the park and throw the ball around, but he said he would rather stay in the house. So we did. He is a very good brother to his baby sister. He comes over to her and she is all eyes for him. She laughs so hard and coos at him. It is just so nice to see how much they love each other. The time went by very quickly again.

Thursday, was my last day to spend with Josslyn and to enjoy her. I got to watch her roll over on the floor where I had her laying with her colorful play mat. It is this cloth mat that has 2 crisscross tubular things that go from one corner to the other corner. They have eyelets in the tubes to hang her plastic rings from so she can grab and play with them. It is a really neat thing for little people. I wish I had something like that when my boys were little. Back then you put them in the playpen and put mobiles on top so they can watch and try to grab at them moving. I layed her down on her back and the next thing I saw she was on her stomach. I put her back on her back and again she rolled onto her stomach. Yeah! It won't be long until she will be pulling herself up on those knees and taking off. I gave Josslyn this little Angel doll that says the children's prayer "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep" well she just loves that angel. She watches it and listens to it pray. She smiles so BIG it is just so awesome to watch her. She was very playful today. We went out on the front porch to watch the traffic go by their house. I had her wrapped in her blanket so she wouldn't get chilled. She loves being outside, not like her brother who hates going outside. He is a homebody. After we went inside I layed her down on her play mat and she fell asleep. So, I picked her up and put her in her swing, because I knew she wouldn't stay asleep long on the floor, because she likes movement. She was still asleep went mommy and Jonathan came home. Mommy layed Jonathan on the sofa and he went back asleep from the trip home from daycare.

I will miss them so much. Thank you Jamie and John for giving me this opportunity to watch them for thes past 2 weeks. I really enjoyed my time with them. Hopefully, I will be of some assistance again for you to care for them. I really will miss them.

No comments: