My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

September 15, 2009

Look at this huge Blue Heron bird

My friend, Cyndee and her hubby Paul, went to Richmond over the weekend to the races, so she had a friend stop up at her house to feed her pond fish and clean the filter, and this is what he found. I guess nobody would have believed him when he told them about this huge bird sitting there scouring for the fish. Look for yourself. Look how much taller he is than her statue of a Blue Heron bird, which is about 2 feet in height.

See that lighthouse behind him? Well, that lighthouse is over 3 feet tall, so that tells you how tall that bird really is.



He went from the pond and flew to on top of her shed. Look at his mess he left behind as evidence he was there.



Paul went out yesterday to a pond place to purchase a "Scarecrow" that will scare the bird away. It is a motion kind of scarecrow, that has a censor to it and knows when something is there and it sprays water at the bird to scare it away. Here is the link if you want to check it out, if any of you have a pond in your yard.



I found this picture of a Blue Heron with its wings stretched out. Their wing span is 5.5 to 6.5 feet width. I can't even imagine that in my head.

2 comments:

Sue said...

This comment is from my friend Nicki.

My mom has a larger pond and has had trouble with the blue herons too. She actually tried the scarecrow thing and it did not work. The only thing that worked was to buy fake blue herons that you stick in the ground and you have to move them every once and a while so the birds dont realize they are fake. just a suggestion.

Sue said...

sue...that is the kind of birds we have done here...especially by my lake...they are so tall...unreal...they are really neat to look out...jan