My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

September 29, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, CHUCK

Today, September 29, 1973, Chuck and I were united in marriage, for a journey of a lifetime. It is so hard to believe that it has been 36 years already. Where does the time go. It seems like yesterday in my mind, that I walked down the aisle, to say I DO. It was a beautiful day for the wedding. While we were partying at the reception it rained a bit. My grandmother told me that was a good OMEN, when it rains on your wedding day. I guess she was right. My love for him has never died, it just has gotten stronger over the years. Yes, I will tell you it hasn't been all peaches and cream, but I made a vow to God, Chuck, and to myself, to death do us part. We have gone through riches and poorer, through sickness and health, and next will be, death do us part.

To all, that reads my blog, I want you to know that marriage is one of the hardest "WORK" I think we have to do in our lives, if you want it to succeed. There are times, I thought to myself, is it all worth this effort and wanted to give up or give in, but I believe that when you say your vows to your spouse in the eyes of God, it is forever, no matter what. I'm sure that Chuck has felt this too, but I can only speak for myself.

To another 36 years!

I love you a whole bunch!

4 comments:

Sue said...

sue...wow...36 yrs...you are sooooo lucky! i tried to get there...but didn't quite make it...although in my heart I'm still married to brian...hope you had a great day....congrats to you all!
love jan

I guess my sister-in-law, Jan doesn't know how to sign my guestbook, so I'll put in her comment for her.

Thank you, Jan.

Sue said...

Well!!!!!!Yes Sue---it takes a lot of work , but the rewards are usually worth the effort-so congratulations to both of you and may God bless and keep it strong-----Ruthie

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! You are an inspiration to others to take their vows seriously & not to give up so easily! Love your cousin, Trudy

Michele said...

Hope you had a great anniversary! Here's to another 36 years!!