My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

September 14, 2009

We Lost Our Beloved, Snowball-9/14/09


It has been a very sad week for us here. Our Snowball was developing kidney failure and becoming very sick.

Last Sunday, the 6th, I bought him baby food meats to see if I could get him to eat, because he stopped eating kitty food. He ate a little bit and that was the last time he ate anything. He tried drinking some water but it was so hard for him. I was so hoping he would pass in his sleep, but each day he was still alive.

Saturday morning, about 3:30 AM Chuck came to bed and he crawled out from under our bed.
He was crying, so we made a bed on top of our bed and he slept with us.

He was on his way to be put down, when he let out a cry and he was gone. I'm so happy he is not in anymore pain and is in animal heaven with Princess, Bruno, Snickers, Ductchess, Taffy, Patches (our cat), Spunky. Taffy, Patches & Spunky were all related to each other; Taffy was the nanny cat, Patches was mommy cat to Spunky. We don't have pictures of them, but Taffy & Patches were calico and Spunky was an orange tiger kitty.

Now, we are down to 3 cats & 3 dogs. Our family is getting smaller.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Sue, so sorry to hear you lost your beloved friend. We lost two dogs and they are buried in the back yard. The kids had them cremated. My son made a cross for the last one and there is a marker for the shepard. It took me a long time to replace both of them, so I know how deep the loss goes.

This is from my friend, Ruthie, in Oil City, PA.

Sue said...

sue...so sorry to hear about snowball....but he is out of pain....i take it from your email...he passed on his own? that was good for you...but so sorry for the cat.....hang in there. jan

Michele said...

So sorry to hear you lost your kitty, sounds like he's in a much better place. They truly do become one of the family.