My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

July 27, 2008

Chuck Has A Job, Yippee!


Chuck found a job and he starts Monday from 9-5. My Lord opened a door for Chuck and I think he will really like this job. The paint career for Chuck started back in 1972, when he was 20 years old working for his parents paint store in Phillipsburg, NJ called Regent Paints. His parents bought the business from an old time Phillipsburg native who owned it, while Chuck's dad was working there for many years. The man wanted to retire and offered to sell the business to Chuck's parents.

Chuck was the manager of the store while his father did all the installing of floors, carpet and later on vinyl windows. Regent Paint was in business until 1983. That business supported us and his parents for 11 years. When the business went out of business, Chuck entered a new career with Sherwin Williams, a year later. He started at the Easton store as an inside salesman. Six months after starting there he was made Operations Manager of the store. I believe three years later he became the Manager of the Quakertown store, until he quit them. He was out of work for one week, when his old District Manager from SW called him at home and said the Duron Paint Co. was looking to hire him. He went out to Allentown and filled out an application and was hired on the spot. He worked for them for ten years, until last August. Three years ago Sherwin Williams bought the Duron Paint Co, because the owners wanted to retire, it was a family run business that cared about their employees. Since, SW bought them Chuck knew his career with the Duron Co. was limited.

After searching and searching for a year and trying one job at the Family Dollar for about three months, he has landed him a job with the Miller's Paint and Wallpaper Inc. He really likes the idea that they are a mom & pop business. The Miller family own five stores in the region from Easton to the Pocono's. He will basically be working out of the Easton store, but will have to travel to the Bethlehem store to help them.

4 comments:

Cyndee said...

Congrats Chuck!!!!!!!!!!
Durons loss, Millers gain. You will be a great asset to their company. You are a hard worker, take your job very serious and know the business very well. They are lucky to have gotten you.
Good luck on your new job.
Much love.
Cyndee

sajmom said...

That's great news-I'll cross my fingers that this one works out for you!

Sue said...

Just wanted to let everyone know he loves his job. God sure did open a great door for him. It is right up his alley with small businesses. Chuck is not a corporate man and that is why he and SW didn't see eye to eye. Chuck cares about people rather than the almighty dollar. This world really needs to get back to doing that. It really makes a person happy to go to work in these days and times, if the workplace is enjoyable.

Thank you God for allowing this to happen, Amen.

ADP said...

That is wonderful! I'm very happy for you both and happy that he found a job he could love. I dispise the whole corporate make profit over caring about ppl too but you don't want to get me started on that lol