My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

January 10, 2007

Boy is it cold out today

Winter is upon us this Wednesday in January. Now will it stay or leave us again. I really enjoy the four seasons, but this year we haven't had much of a winter.

It was snowing like the dickens when I was crossing the elementary kids to school this morning. The kids were all yelling it's snowing, it's snowing, yippee!

I remember as a child how we got a lot of snow and it hung around forever. Well, it seemed like forever to me back then. The kids today don't really get to enjoy big amounts of snow too often, anymore. What a shame on that. To build snow forts, go sledding in the cornfield, or just walking in the snow at night. They were tremendous memories I had of when I was a kid. Anyone else have good memories of the snow, when they were a child?

Today, where can a child go sledding and have fun? With all the building of new homes and things that are going on around us anymore, there is no more country left.

I grew up behind Fat Jack's in Palmer Township and there were still a lot of cornfields around, but not now there isn't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue..Love the snow, not the cold..have many nice memories, of sledding down High Street, here in Bethlehem..the police use to put up barriers, so we could sled..and it wasn't only us kids, the adults did too..and we use to take walks, right after the snow fall..and all you could heard was the crunch of snow under your feet..it was so peacefully and you were in touch with Mother Nature..loved those time but sad that in the Lehigh Valley it is not that way anymore..unless you take a 4 wheeler up into the boonie, where the deer and antelope play..still love the snowfall and alway will, but I never will get use to the cold..Winnie.