My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

January 7, 2007

I'm in the chior

Well, today was my first day in the choir at Olivet Presbyterian Church in Easton. I really enjoy singing, even if my hubby says I can't sing. Everyone said I did very well.

It was a bit different sitting in the choir seats and looking at the congregation. I was a little nervous, but all the other choir people welcomed me with open arms. When I first joined the church 4 yrs ago, one of the members from the chior heard me singing and asked me back them to join, but I couldn't at that time. I was a deacon for 3 yrs and now I'm just a regular member. But they told me once a deacon always a deacon. What that means if they are ever short-handed, then they call the past deacons to help. Doesn't bother me, because I really enjoy going to church and dedicating my life to God. I have always gone to church ever since my boys were 4 and 5. I strayed for a few years, because the church I got married in got too big for me and I felt like a lost person. Now, I feel like I belong. I love small congregations, because you can really get to know one another. We have some really good voices in the choir. I hope I can live up to what they want.

We have a really nice Chior Director, his name is Matt. He really livens the chior up. He is 25 and engaged ladies, sorry. He replaced our old Chior Director and Organist. He does both. He is a school teacher besides doing this. A very talented young man. Makes you feel very welcomed in the chior. I'm looking forward to many happy times singing my heart out.

2 comments:

sajmom said...

Hey, the bible doesn't say make a joyful PERFECT noise unto the Lord. Who cares if you don't sound perfect, that's not the point!

Sue said...

I have had good comments on my singing in church, so it must not be that bad, after all.