My photo
Wilson Borough, Pennsylvania, United States
My world consists of my boys and their women in their lives. My grandchildren, who bring such joy to my life. My pets, who I adore very much and love watching them interact with each other. My hubby, Chuck, and his passion, Stampede Band. Plus, any ramblings I want to do. So, I hope you enjoy your visit into "My World" through my eyes.

January 31, 2007

My kind deed for the day.....

I always get to my corner early so I can get a parking space. There was this young woman with a tiny little baby in a carrier waiting for the bus. It was very cold and breezy out.

She came over to my car and told me her baby was very cold, that she was waiting for the bus and it didn't come. She had been waiting for 20 minutes. It was 2:08Pm at this time. She said she had an appointment down at St. Bernards Church at 2:00 PM. I said get in and get out of the cold.

She showed me this paper from the church and their address on it, so I decided to take her down in my car. She was so thankful that a stranger did this for her, because she wasn't from this country. I asked her where she was from and she said, Peru. I said I have met a lot of people from South America from going to the PrOjeCt of Easton to get my GED. She told me she registered there to learn English. I was glad I could help someone that wasn't from our country.

People are quick to judge the immigrants from another country, only if they knew like I knew how some of them have to live to survive. They come to this country to make a better life for them and it's hard when you have people putting some of them down for invading our country. I applaud her for signing up to learn English. I have tried to learn her language, but it is hard for me, I know it must be just as hard for her to learn ours.

Her name was Jessica and she said that very well. I told her my name was Susan and she said my name very well too. She said it was very nice to know someone as nice as you. I said thank you, no problem.

Like the top of my blog says, I LOVE PEOPLE no matter what color, race, or nationality they are. God created us all to be EQUAL!

No comments: